With more of us currently working from home, or at least spending more time sat in front of the computer, it is more important than ever to ensure you set your workstation up correctly and take note of your seated posture.
Take a look at the following checklist and compare it to your current set-up! It may be tempting when working from home to set up a ‘comfy’ work zone from the sofa or even your bed but we strongly discourage you from doing so!
Remember also that your best posture is your next posture, so get up and move around every 20-40 minutes.
1. keep your elbows at right angles with your upper arms close to your body.
2. Wrists should be straight, rather than bent up, down or deviated.
3. Try to keep your hips slightly higher than your knees.
4. Your eyes should be level with the top of the screen to avoid extra strain on your neck, often leading to headaches.
5. Avoid wedging the telephone between the ear and the neck, use a headset or go hands free.
6. If using a laptop, ensure that it is raised on books or with a proper laptop stand.
We are still here for you! If you have any questions please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call. We are offering video consultations at the moment, which can be booked via our website here.